Home

San Ramon Police Department

Your future is in San Ramon

The San Ramon Police Department is comprised of officers from more than 25 outside agencies. We thrive on teamwork, camaraderie, and building relationships in a community that supports law enforcement. Join us.

Professionalism

Working in a department that values community policing and has a great relationship with its residents is extremely rewarding.”
– Sergeant Leysy Pelayo

Responsiveness

I like working for the San Ramon Police Department because of the support we have from the community. SRPD has created an environment that has benefited my professional and personal life.”
– Officer Demetri Tyrovolas

Integrity

I love working for San Ramon because it doesn’t feel like work when you’re working with family.” 
– Officer Kyle Leano


San Ramon is a great place to start or continue your career. Our team is comprised of 70 sworn officers, 22 professional staff members and 50 volunteers who proudly serve a city of more than 80,000 residents.

We’re always evaluating how we can improve and better serve our community. One of the highlights of the past year has been the tremendous support we’ve received from our amazing San Ramon residents and businesses.

SRPD is continually analyzing new equipment and technologies that will help us improve our services including a city-wide camera system, expanded drone program and the construction of a state of the art Dispatch and Emergency Operations Center in partnership with the San Ramon Valley Fire Protection.

– Chief Craig Stevens

Join the dedicated men and women serving the San Ramon Police Department.

Your future is in San Ramon.

Community Support in San Ramon

The San Ramon Police Department has formed a tight partnership with the community. With programs like National Night Out, Coffee with the Cops, the Youth Academy and our popular Citizens Academy this department strives to maintain the support and trust of its residents.

Each year, police supervisors complete random Quality Assurance surveys with individuals who interact with San Ramon officers, including arrestees. Of the 342 surveys collected in 2020, 182 responded they were Very Satisfied, 157 responded they were Satisfied and 3 people responded they were unsatisfied.

Benefits

You’ve worked hard at your current agency and that time won’t go unnoticed. Lateral Officers are given a week vacation, a week sick leave and 18.75 hours of discretionary holiday leave upon start date. Laterals can also carry over up to seven years of prior law enforcement experience for credit towards our Master Officer program.  

  • 10 paid holidays per year.
  • 18.75 hours paid discretionary holiday time off.
  • Paid vacation starts at 12 days annually (22 days max)
  • Fully paid Kaiser Permanente medical insurance, plus paid dental and vision. (Opt out rates available.)
  • Up to 240 hours compensatory time off can be accrued annually.
  • $500 city-funded Flex spending account (pro-rated from hire date).
  • A complete set of uniforms provided, plus $1,150 annual Uniform/Boot allowance (pro-rated from hire date)
Safety employees hired before July 1, 2012: 3% @ 50
Member contribution is 9% of salary which the City pays 100%  (EPMC). The employee contributes 9% back to the City and an additional 3% toward the employer share for a total employee  contribution of 12%.
The employer share for FY 20/21 = 32.679% & FY 21/22 = 35.10%;  One Year Final Compensation; 1959 Survivor Benefit Level 4
Classic PERS safety members hired on or after July 1, 2012:   3% @ 55
Member contribution is 9% of salary which the City pays 100%  (EPMC). The employee contributes 9% back to the City and an  additional 3% toward the employer share for a total employee  contribution of 12%.
The employer share for FY 20/21 = 22.807% & FY 21/22 = 23.14%;  Three Year Final Compensation; 1959 Survivor Benefit Level 4
PEPRA New safety members hired on or after January 1, 2013:  2.7% @ 57
Member contribution is 13.75% of salary which is paid by the  employee. The employer share for FY 20/21 = 14.202% & FY 21/22 = 14.37%;  Three Year Final Compensation; 1959 Survivor 
Benefit Level 4

Full benefit information
Keeping You at Your Best

We have you covered on this. Aside from the benefits of a traditional Employee Assistance Program we offer access to one of the industry’s leading public safety mental health firms anonymously and at no cost to you.

We take your wellbeing very seriously and have an active Peer Support team ready to debrief after a critical incident or for a one-on-one conversation. Anytime you need to talk we’re available.

Our Peer Support team and the San Ramon Police Officers Association have implemented an annual Family Day so your family can get a glimpse of what you do and meet the people behind the San Ramon Police Department.


About Us

The City of San Ramon occupies about 18.5 square miles in southern Contra Costa County and is home to approximately 80,000 residents.

More About the City

Get In Touch

Recruitment
Sgt. Mark Gunning
Sgt. Becky Chestnut
srpdjobs@sanramon.ca.gov
Text us at (925) 232-0880

Annual Report

Take a look at the Police Department’s goals, budget, divisions and community outreach.

2020 Police Annual Report